KOOLSKOOL may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 15 October, 2010.
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Credit card information
- Demographic information such as sex, occupation, career level, role within an organization, postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Network based information (e.g. IP address, geography from where connected)
Some of these pieces of information may be collected at the time of your setting up a free account with KOOLSKOOL, while others may be collected at the time of your making a purchase on the KOOLSKOOL site.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your neds and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We may also use the information that you provide, or data procured from your spending on our web site to provide you with promotions (specific to you) or show you items which you may be interested in, online.
- We may use your IP address to help diagnose networking or infrastructure problems or to administer our website. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file may be added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. From time to time, we may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. We may also log data to be able to help customize the web site to your personal preferences. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Sharing of personal information
We may share personal information with our other corporate entities and affiliates to: help detect and prevent identity theft, fraud and other potentially illegal acts; correlate related or multiple accounts to prevent abuse of our services; and to facilitate joint or co-branded services that you request where such services are provided by more than one corporate entity. Those entities and affiliates will not market to you as a result of such sharing unless you explicitly choose to opt-in.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at the un-subscription email address given to us in the contact page of our website.
Our commitment to children’s privacy
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13. Though our website is structured to attract those under 13, our commitment to their privacy is total. Visitors to our website who are under 13 may contact us for an appropriate reason (should they need to), by writing to us directly using email. We do not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. However, your information will not be handed to third parties as mentioned above.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Advertisements on KOOLSKOOL
We may from time to time use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Safe and Secure Shopping
Safety of credit card usage and data
Shopping at KOOLSKOOL is 100% safe. Credit card payments, internet banking and other payments are processed through the Axis Bank payment gateway and CCAvenue.
Both our providers use the latest encryption technology to protect your credit card information. It encrypts your credit card number so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet.
Furthermore, both the providers ask you to enter the CVV (Credit Verification Value) number on your credit card. This is a 3 digit number which follows your credit card number and is given at the back of the card to ensure that the person entering the card number has the physical plastic card with him/her. In addition to this both Mastercard and Visa have their own verification process which is integrated with our payment mechanism.
You can be assured that KOOLSKOOL offers you the highest standards of security currently available on the internet so as to ensure that your shopping experience is private, safe and secure.
Storage of Credit Card Information
KOOLSKOOL does not collect or store your credit card/bank account information at all. Citibanl/Axis Bank/CCAvenue/PayU/Paypal authorizes the transaction directly without any information passing through us.